Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Je suis plein ?????

That literally translates to I AM FULL BUT, that expression
does not translate in French.
I've made the mistake several times of saying "Je suis plein"
after a full meal only to get strange giggles from my French
friends.
That is a vulgar way for a woman to say she is pregnant
or also slang for I am drunk.
Strange that the phrase does not translate in French or
maybe not, because as many times as I have been there,
I am never full, its just never quite enough !! The more I taste,
the more I want. I am Gourmandise!!
So, I am back and the container is full of Country French Antiques
and I'm a bit more French, but unlike the container, not full. Just
left with the hunger for more.


I had a wonderful trip and took over 600 photographs.

Walked through a lot of new doors

And was left wondering what lie behind others

Found a lot of inspiration


Have a new appreciation for the colors of the earth


Took a trip to Marrakech

And have lots to share with you
















Just wanted to do a quick post to say I am back and can't wait to tell you more,
but I have lots of work to do now.
Enjoy the doors from France and Morocco!

15 comments:

time worn interiors said...

I would love to go back to France, it's been 12 years since I've been! I know what you mean, you can never get enough! Love France and the French style, I would love to come to your store sometime, I'm only about 45 miles away!
Theresa

Magnolia Street Style said...

Welcome back. I can't wait to see more.

Connie

Queen of Tarte said...

Pure eye candy. One of my favorite things about France are the wonderful little roads, doors, architecture all of what you photographed. Morocco is on my list of dream vacations...someday I will get there!!! Can't wait to see more photos.

Siobhan said...

Hello, Well...these door are wonderful and I can not wait to see more photos from you! :)
Siobhan

Lisa & Alfie said...

Welcome back Shawn!
I have missed your beautiful posts. A coincidence. I just did a posting this morning on English doors this morning. I can't wait to see more of your trip.
Lisa & Alfie

Mélanie said...

I guess you have a lot to do ! Your pictures of doors are fantastic ! Can't believe you went to Marrakech . I hope next time you go to France , we will be abble to meet !
Can' t wait to see your "trouvailles"

Devonia said...

Sigh, you've been missed! Welcome home. Hope your trip was all you wanted it to be and even more...

My bests,
Devonia

Jenni B said...

France has to be one of the MOST beautiful places in the world. Thank you for capturing it in those fabulous pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you are back. The pictures a amazing! I can't wait to see and hear more from your trip. I know you must have tuns to do, so thanks for sharing!
Debbie from homewithhospitality@yahoo.com

Villa Anna said...

YAY Shawn's back!! So glad you made it home safe and well. I've been busting for you to post again. I've missed your inspiring pictures. How exciting you have a container load full of French country treasures...that is like a dream come true lol.

I'm also so excited to hear about your trip to Marrakech. The images of the doors are incredible. Thank you for taking so many pics. Doors are one of my most favourite architectural elements.

Anna :)

Adla said...

would love to knock on one those magical doors. I love those big aqua pots!

Country French Antiques said...

Merci beaucoup for all the welcome homes!
I missed you all and can't wait to catch up on your blogs!
Thank you for the comments!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful collection of photos~~nothing like arm chair travel! Can't wait to see more from your trip,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the expression "j'ai les dents du fond que baignent"? Literally translates to "my back teeth are swimming." It's horrendous but it's definitely French for I'm full. ;- )

Anonymous said...

je decouvre l'univers superbe,tres belles ambiances
a bientot,
vincent et laurence